Bright and early tomorrow morning I’m jumping on a plane and heading down to Melbourne to see Ed Dale and Frank Kern at a conference. I’m pretty damn excited about it for a few reasons. Rather than drown everyone in hyperbole and effusive language, I’ll just list out my reasons instead.
- I get to see Ed and Frank on stage again. These guys are funny and they REALLY know their stuff!
- I get to see John Carlton for the first time. He’s a god of the copywriting world and I need all the help I can get.
- I basically get to go for free. I was a winner in last years 30 Day Challenge and get my flights, one night’s accommodation, and ticket to the conference for free. Boo Yah!
- I get to finally meet face to face with the many people I’ve gotten to know in this community. Very excited about this one.
- I get to visit Melbourne again. Being originally from Melbourne, it’s always nice to come to town and hang out.
- Ed and Frank will be hitting people over the head with all things web 2.0 I’m pretty tech savvy, but you can never know enough.
- Networking, networking and networking.
So there you go, nice and straight forward. The weekend will be a blast, I plan on learning heaps, and having as much fun as I possibly can at the same time. God Bless the internet!